Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mmmmmm!


I am coming down from my food high. It was pretty intense. I came across yet another awesome recipe on Oh She Glows- Tahini Avocado Chickpea Salad- and tonight was the night to try it out. I worked out on my elliptical machine (twice this week, oh man!), then turned on some tunes and got out the food processor. Grace heard the sounds of my getting ready to make food and she was there faster than Drew on a can of Root Beer.

But seriously, what could have gone wrong here? It's like mixing all of my favorite flavors all together into a bowl of ecstasy and delight. Chickpeas, avocado, tahini, onions, spinach, cumin, for god's sake...

I don't think I ever want to eat anything else. Except some fruit for dessert. This is the perfect way to get veggies and healthy fats and flavor that will knock your socks off. The dressing is perfectly creamy and slightly spicy with the cumin and coriander. A perfect combination.

There is a potluck at work tomorrow for the paraprofessionals. It's supposed to be healthy food. I doubt there will be anything vegan, unless someone brings fresh fruit. I don't care. I am bringing this salad for sure. At one work potluck, a co-worker saw me eating my soup while the rest of the staff chowed down on potluck food and Christmas treats. She commented that I must be jealous of everyone. Really? I don't think so. It's not like I am being forced to eat this way. It's my choice. And seriously, if I am eating stuff like this, they should be jealous of me. For sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment